Websters Insurance Brokers support Parkinson's UK
In 2011 my father Terence G Webster who was the founder of our company died after having a stroke from which he never recovered. Prior to his death he had suffered for over 10 years with Parkinson's disease. This had a dramatic affect not only on his quality of health and retirement but a real affect on all of our family. In addition after growing up seeing my grandfather suffer from Parkinson's and never forgetting the constant shaking, I have decided to raise awareness and money to aid in finding a cure for such a terrible disease.
I entered some events as part of my commitment as follows:
- Baildon Boundary run 13.1 miles
- London Marathon 26.1 miles
- Mountain Bike Marathon in Wales
- Coast to coast cycle ride - Morecambe to Bridlington 170 miles
- Etape Du Dales 110 mile road bike sportive in the Yorkshire Dales
- Bala half Ironman 1.2 mile swim, 52 mile cycle, 13.1 run
- Zell am See half Ironman 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile cycle, 13.1 run
...and finally the big one !
- The First Fully Off-Road Iron Distance Triathlon
So you thought Ironman was tough? To be an X-Man you have to be a real animal. The X-Man is for anyone that lives to push beyond accepted limits, break boundaries, and never, never, never gives up. X-Man takes the standard long distance triathlon format and turns the volume right up to eleven. The hybrid blend of the standard triathlon disciplines, challenging off-road terrain and spectacular landscapes results in an epic challenge of super-human endurance that makes those that succeed worthy indeed of the X-Man title.
Participants are required to make a non-stop journey on gruelling off-road terrain across awe inspiring natural landscapes with serious vertical gain. Much of the bike leg takes place during hours of darkness and aside from water athletes must be nutritionally self sufficient from start to finish.
- Swim 2.4 mile (3.86 km) open water sea swim
- Bike 112 mile (180.25 km) multi-terrain - 90% off-road
- 26.2 mile (42.195 km) trail run
For further details how you have help cure Parkinsons please click here